So I’ve started working out again. I’m trying to lose about 20 pounds and I’m giving myself until the end of the school year to do it. I’m doing it the good ol’ fashion way – with my treadmill, diet & weights. Here are five great songs that I worked out to tonight. Warning: most of the songs below have explicit lyrics and include Hip Hop & House. I will share a variety of songs throughout this journey but these are the songs that came up on my playlist tonight 🙂
(1) Hoez Get Naked by DJ Assault (Available on ITunes) Listen here – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_9Tt4i9oBg
(2) Bend It Ova Remix by Lil Wayne Feat. Drake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWg6vIvMeWU
(3) 6 Foot 7 Foot (feat. Cory Gunz) by Lil Wayne: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tOAGY59uQ
(4) Juke Dem Hoes by Mic Terror: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4OgGZjtOtA
(5) Stankyy Legg Dirty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pne1C8yD7Zc (great for weight-lifting & squats)
Also, if you haven’t downloaded Rihanna’s new album “Unapologetic” what are you waiting for. I like most of the songs but this is my favorite right now. Rihanna makes great music to clean up to. It always puts me in a good mood. This song is called “Numb”:
Stacey Dash is 45! Remember her from Clueless? All I have to say is where is the magic pill or potion? This woman has some amazing genes!
Serena Williams is an professional athlete so her muscles are ripped, but she’s also naturally curvaceous. Williams also, like me, hates working out. She said “I actually hate working out. I hate working out more than anything, but I have to… when I’m running. I think about how much I want to win.” In an interview, she said,
“I don’t look like Mary Kate Olson or Nicole Richie. I’m all black and I’m all woman baby. I have hips, curves, butt and boobs… I will never be a size 2. I will always be bigger. And there are tons of other women and people out there that share my same body type…”
Here are some of her workout secrets:
– Pilates 2 or 3 times a week (lengthens the muscles)
– Bikram Yoga (heated room around 105 degrees – can lose up to 600 calories per hour)
– An hour or two of cardio daily (following by strength training)
– Only eats grilled or baked chicken or fish + steamed veggies
I always enjoy when I accomplish something from my personal manifesto! Not only did I go out to get my skates today but I went to the rink! I will now be going skating once a week. The DJ played great music, I got to “break in” my skates and I broke a sweat 😉 I’m definitely a happy camper.
Here is the evidence:
Me rocking my skates and cute Pink skate bag. Skating brings back so many memories! It’s the closest I feel to flying.
Approximately 2 months ago, I purchased a pencil skirt from one of my favorite sites. Once I got it, I couldn’t fit the skirt above my thighs!!!! It was so cute and I was incredibly sad & disappointed. Rather than return the skirt, I kept it around for motivation!
This morning, I put the skirt on and not only does it fit above my thighs, it ZIPS up and can be worn out of the house now 🙂
Now that’s what I call progress. Celebrate with me by taking a bite of my lovely e-cupcake because we’d NEVER celebrate weightloss with unhealthy calories off line 🙂 (tee-hee-hee!)
Standing at 5’7″ and weighing an average of 139 lbs. The pop diva works hard to maintain her shape. She claims to be predisposed to chunky genes and fights flab in the following ways:
- Every morning she does 30 minutes of cardio + 45 minutes of free weights
- runs 6 days per week doing 4 miles in 40 minutes
- yoga once per week for strength and toning
- she enjoys biking and dancing (during touring season she practices up to 9 hours a day for her tours)
- limits calories to 1,600/day
- does 100 squats/lunges and step ups
- uses 5 lb. weights and does bicep curls to the tune of a song
- uses 3 lb. weights and boxes to the tune of a song
To maintain her figure, Beyonce works out everyday. Her fitness regime is strict, she’s consistent and she varies her workouts.
It’s amazing how much weight loss can really change your physical appearance. I’m inspired by this sista and her 100 pound weight loss in 1 year. She’s managed to keep it off for 4 years now!
It’s always nice to see real world examples of weight loss.
She has a wonderful collection of YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeautifulBrwnBabyDol#p/a/A522E1BFA6BC8645/2/e965rT9Wxlc
This beautiful sister who blogs here: http://www.beautifulbrwnbabydol.com/weight-loss