Caption: This beautiful image is by Sheeba Maya Art.
Today is a new moon in Libra. Happy New Moon!
Here are some of my rituals:
- Clean my altar (I use Method’s All Purpose Honey Crisp Cleaner).
- Put crystals on my altar that correspond to the new moon. I decided on:
- Rose Quartz
- Black Tourmaline
- Tourmalinated Quartz
- Write new moon intentions connected to the energy of the sign
- Sweep & mop floor with boiling hot water (I actually boil the water on the stove for 30 minutes before putting it into my mop bucket) plus a few capfuls of Florida Water + Cleanser (Fabuloso is my favorite – it smells divine).
- Smudge by body & all entrances to my home including the doors and windows on the first floor.
- Take a bath with herbs, florals & essential oils.
- Burn a candle. Tonight, as close as possible to the time the new moon actually starts I will be burning an Air Element candle from Unicorn Manor.
- I shifted my furniture around to put my longer couch (comfy for sleeps and naps directly in front of my tv, and moved the love seat to it’s place). Shifting furniture shifts energy.
Here is some of the insight from from my favorite astrologers & energy workers:
“…transmute your Sh$t into compost, my love.” – Jessica Lanyadoo
“New moons happen when the sun (your identity) and the moon (your feels) are exactly aligned. This marks a time for openness, beginnings and clarity.” – Jessica Lanyadoo. Read more from Jessica here.
“Sometimes it’s safer to repress our pain than to witness it. In order to survive we push it down for days. Decades. Lifetimes. Generations. But then a moment comes along that shatters the vaults we’ve been harboring our storise within.” – Chani Nicholas. Read more from Chani here.
“No matter if we’re being called to start something new or let something go, our focus will be on whether it’s worth it. This theme will apply especially to relationships, our sense of self-worth, our personal values, and our relationship to money.” – Mecca Woods. Read more from Mecca here. Also Mecca just published a phenomenal & practical book about astrology and it’s relationship to love, career and wellness. I purchased a copy and highly encourage you to do the same here.
“We are in relationship with every single thing in our lives, and each relationship is our sacred mirror of Reflection.” Mystic Mamma provides a literature review of some of the best astrological advice out there. Read more here.
I’ve created a list called “Sources of Light” on Twitter featuring 41 healers, astrologers, energy workers, etc. I encourage you to subscribe to the list if you’re looking for more!