7 years ago today, I registered DonnieNicole.com and have been blogging here ever since. I want to thank you whether you just stumbled on my blog together or whether you’ve been with me from the very beginning. Look at how FAR we’ve come:
7 years ago, on April 10, 2010, I launched Analog Girl in A Digital World. I’ve been blogging for probably 10 years now. The earliest blog that I still have a copy of is from Facebook Notes written October 10. 2006 and I wrote about my life as a teacher and my desire to start a scrapbooking business. Here is a brief excerpt from that post:
“Each day there are 148 bright eyes filled with their own unique goals, ambitions, and personalities and they look to me to teach them what they need to know. It’s a beautiful thing, but it can also be a scary thing because students don’t always remember that you are learning too and you don’t always have all the answers.”
Writing has always been my first love. It is the thing that I do that helps me process my emotions and experiences, and it is the way that I get in touch with my most authentic and unfiltered thoughts.
In the last 7 years we’ve had incredible milestones we’ve:
(1) Gotten married.
(2) Left the field of teaching to become a full-time social entrepreneur.
(3) Ran an aldermanic (City Council) campaign.
(4) Traveled to Mumbai, South Africa, the Middle East, & London.
(5) Been the subject of a documentary (“In My Father’s House”).
(6) Been pregnant 4 times, and all 4 of those babies were called back to heaven before they ever took a breath in this realm.
(7) Moved into the first house we’ve ever owned and made it fly.
It’s one thing to write. It’s an entirely different thing to write and have people actually read your words, make comments, and send e-mails. All of your engagement is like virtual eye contact. We’re acknowledging that we see each other & embracing the uncertainty and the vulnerability of what it means to be human. Thank you!
Here are the top 10 posts that you guys have searched for and clicked on over the last 7 years:
- Conversation Starters For Couples (61,727 views & counting???!!!! What???!!!!)
- Why She Gets Jealous
- How To Love A Black Man
- Chief Keef Is The Bomb – Written by my husband Che
- The Carter Bunch: A Look At Lil Wayne’s Family
- Cornrows & French Braids
- Fall Decorating Ideas
- Hairstyles For Women With Afros & Natural Hair
- Married to the Game: The Wives of Professional Athletes
- What Does It Mean To Give Your All In A Relationship
Again, I want to say thank you for allowing me to write about such a range of topics over the last 7 years. I hope that I can continue to inspire, challenge and uplift you. Cheers!