I do a lot of travel and have yet to find the perfect carry-on bag! Here are the bags that I’ve tried so far:
Longchamp ‘Le Pliage Neo Large’ Tote
(1) Beautiful Color
(2) Durable External Material
(3) Versatility – Can be dressed up or down .
(1) Straps are too short (bag often slips off shoulder during travel)
(2) Shape prevents the bag from standing up
(3) Difficult to get to things at the bottom.
Lo & Sons – The O.G.
Retailer: Lo & Sons Website
(1) The bag holds a lot, but still maintains its sleek look.
(2) Nice long shoulder strap.
(3) Padded laptop compartment, keeps machine safe and separate.
(1) Started having zipper trouble pretty early on.
(2) Heigh of bag doesn’t allow it to slip easily under seats on the airplane.
(3) Longer should strap isn’t comfortable.
Coach Turnlock Tote in Crossgrain Leather
Retailer: Coach and Macy’s
(1) Zippered bag. Many of the totes in this style have a button closure. The zipper totally sold me, as I like to have security AND in case the bag falls, I don’t want my stuff falling all over the place.
(2) Perfect everyday bag that pairs well with in both business and casual settings.
(3) Shoulder length allows you to throw the bag on your shoulder and go.
(1) Coach bags in light colors stain easily.
(2) Shoulder straps have some of the seams ripping. Coach usually repairs bags free of charge, but the life-cycle of my Coach bags usually last much longer.
(3) No feet!
I just picked up the Eagle Creek Emerson Carry-All (above) today and it will be joining me on an upcoming trip to Abu Dhabi. I’ll share my review upon my return!
The Quest for the Perfect Carry-on continues! I know the perfect bag is out there!