So excited that it is January 1, 2014! In 20 days I turn 30, so I want to invite you to my month of
Each day I will be sharing a list of 20 things… 20 lessons I’ve learned in life, people who have changed my life, regrets, apps, etc. So today… I am starting with 20 things I’m looking forward to doing this year:(1) Learn how to change the windshield washer fluid in my car… I know NOTHING about cars, so I’ll start with this lol.
(2) A trip to California to visit some of our LA friends… I’ve never been to L.A. so I’m looking forward to going out there to hang out for at least a week. My cousin Tawana is also out there so hopefully she & I can connect.
(3) Paying for girls in Africa to attend school. I’d like to send one girl to school every month this year. I will make my donation to Shukuru: http://shukuru.org/ and encourage you to do the same.
(4) A professional photo-shoot with my family. We’ve never ALL done a photoshoot so either in the Spring or the Fall, I’d like to grab a photographer, go out into the city and take photos.
(5) Develop a brand-ambassador relationship with one brand that I love. There are so many brands that I love, and I give them lots of *cough* *free* publicity. I’m hoping to turn some of that publicity into capital this year.
(6) Blogging daily. Every single day of this year I want to say something or share something.
(7) Procure a new piece of art. My hubby & I love art. I’d like to add another piece to our collection this year.
(8) Travel out of the country… I don’t know where we’re going but I want to get out of the US! The last time I went out of the country was to Jamaica. Maybe hubby & I will go back there?
(9) Plan a 5 year anniversary for 2015. Next year hubby & I will celebrate 5 years of being married!!! This is a huge milestone for us, because both of us have been married before and we both divorced from our first spouses at 5 years. I can just sing & dance because at this point in my previous marriage it was over… I saw a Facebook Status that said something along the lines of a divorce happens long before it happens in court. But I digress. We are going to PARTY for our 5 year next year.
(10) Read my bible every single day… pray every single day… for the good, the bad, the indifferent. For the ones I love and for those that have no love for me…
(11) Transition to Donda’s House full time… It is my passion… It is my love… It is what I want to spend my work & professional life doing.
(12) Boat ride with hubby… I want to go on a Yacht somewhere warm where we can just float for a day or two.
(13) Finish this Punch 54 Book. My husband and I wrote 3 or so chapters to our book about running for city council here in Chicago last year. We will finish writing the book and find a publisher for the book this year.
(14) Catch up on scrapbooking through the end of my 20s and pick a new color for my 30s. All of my albums are hot pink. Now that I’m entering a new decade, I’d like to start a new color to celebrate.
(15) Exercise daily… This one is the hardest for me. I have to trick myself into working out and I have to do it as soon as I wake up.
(16) Take a Flirty Girl Fitness class with my friends. Once the weather breaks because this winter has been filled with lots of yucky weather.
(17) Do a DNA Test for African Ancestry and have my hubby do the same.
(18) Travel to at least one conference which I’m thinking is going to be Blogalicious. I enjoyed myself so much last year and learned so much I don’t want to miss out this year.
(19) Weekly girl time with my friends… I want to connect with my girlfriends at least once a week.
(20) Create an even larger garden this Spring/Summer. I’m talking SERIOUS curb appeal. I love flowers and I did great last year but I want to have even more flowers this year.
Shout out to all of my 1984 babies who are turning 30 this year… #worthythirty