Find out more about Week 1 here: http://wookiemouse.blogspot.com/2009/05/organization-challenge-week-one-space.html
What works? What doesn’t work?
What doesn’t work?
– I have to sit on the floor to craft because my desk is being used as storage:
– My trash was too far away when I started crafting (which would make clean-up a pain in the eye)
– I don’t have a place for my scraps?!
– Color ink pens not accessible, so I just went with the default black.
– Pages in progress (No place to store)
– Two large bins that need to be cleaned out, plus the storage closet (which is huge) needs to be cleaned out so that I can add more shelving in there.
– My embellishments need a home (they currently live in a Victoria’s Secret duffel bag)
– My journal cards/labels need a home (they currently live in a ziplock bag)
– My ribbon needs a home
What does work?
– My card stock display. It’s easily accessible and I use it a lot.
– My toolbox is great. Everything including my Crop-A-Dile, main journaling pens & scissors fit. Plus it’s portable.
– My project boxes. I basically have one for each major/long term project I have going on. I have a baby boy box & a baby girl box (I make a lot of gift albums), plus one for my home album (which I’m constantly working on) and a few others. These are also great because I can easily grab a few if I’m going to a crop and everything I need is already there.
– I created this solution today for my photos. I like for all of my “loose” photos to be stored together. I found an empty container and decided to use that.
I’m also going to run out of space very soon for my albums upstairs so I must find a new home for them somewhere. I do like to have them on display so maybe I can find some space in the living room or basement?
See you next week for week 2 where we get to brainstorm!!!!