While I do not want to share part 1, I would love to share part 2, which is to identify three steps that can be taken in order to move closer to living my values.
- Eat dinner together each night without the TV.
- Schedule a weekly family activity (both in and outside of the house)
- Send photos and happy mail to distant relatives
- Make one day per week my “creativity” day – perhaps Monday since that is my least favorite day of the week.
- Attend a monthly crop at Archiver’s (the memory keeping store).
- Register for a class at Big Picture Scrapbooking
- Make and stick to a dinner meal plan.
- Create a snack container with perfect sized proportions (using snack zip lock bags)
- Hire a personal trainer (post baby)
4. CHARACTER & INTEGRITY
- Journal about my experiences/challenges
- Blog regularly (another reflective tool)
- Survey others at work about my performance
5. PERSONAL GROWTH
- Read a book per month
- Set a daily goal (just one)
- Share my struggles with others (close friends & family)
6. MY LEGACY
- Review my progress toward major life goals monthly
- Raise and train my child to be a reflection of God and me and his dad
- Document my life (via scrapbooking and videos)
- Start attending church online on Sundays
- Start each morning with a prayer
- Write Thank You Notes to god for blessings and for abundance
8. COMPASSION & EMPATHY
- Reach out to others with “check in” texts and e-mails
- Send mail to former students who are in college (care packages & gift cards)
- Volunteer once per season at a shelter or another event. Donate clothing or other gently used items to appropriate charities every season.
9. CULTURAL AWARENESS
- Attend a community event once per month (with family)
- Promote cultural events on social networks
- Develop & run my nonprofit full time which targets African American youth
Rosetta over at Happy Black Woman.com: http://happyblackwoman.com/ has created a wonderful tool called 31 Days to Reset Your Life. I won’t be sharing all of my responses publicly, but wanted to put this one out there.