Prompt: December 15 – 5 Minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)
– I want to remember committing the rest of my life to him on a cold Chicago morning, drinking $1.00 McDonald’s Tees, nasty Argo Tea (that you hated🙂, and going to the House of Chicken and Waffles afterwards.
– I want to remember finally finishing my project to move all of my scrapbook pages to new uniform binders.
– I want to remember the day our lives changed forever. I was so incredibly proud of him.
– I want to remember singing out loud at the Erykah Badu concert.
– I want to remember sitting in the front seat at the Drive-In. How thoroughly I enjoyed walking down memory lane and seeing his old stomping grounds.
– I want to remember the moment after I had my locs removed, looking at the mirror at a “new” self… a self that had let go of the past.
– I want to remember the humility that I felt at the BCCC II Conference, in the presence of giants like Marian Wright Edelman, Angela Blackwell, Geoffrey Canada, the President of Morehouse College, Michelle Alexander, and countless others.
– I want to remember the end of a decade, the decade that marked my entry into womanhood….