Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
11 things my life DOES NOT need in 2011?
1. WORRY. “Worry is a misuse of the imagination.” I will eliminate it by praying and meditating whenever I feel worry and letting go of the need to control.
2. CLUTTER “Clutter is a sign that decisions need to be made.” I will require myself to spend 15 minutes per night cleaning and organizing messy areas, and once a week I’ll go through a purge session.
—————————–WOW – BRAIN FREEZE – WHY IS IT SO HARD TO COME UP WITH STUFF TO GET RID OF? —————————————————–
3. SODA POP – 15 years ago, I gave up pork and beef for dietary reasons and never looked back. In 2011 – I want to give up pop. It is no good for my body and although I love the taste, everything that tastes good is not good for me. I will substitute soda pop for green tea.
4. LACK OF EXERCISE – I need to move. I already created a little “gym” in my house with a treadmill plus weights. There really is no excuse. Rather than a large lofty goal, I will start small. 10 minutes in the a.m. and 10 minutes in the p.m. I will start with five pushups and add 2 more per week. I won’t think about it. I will just do it to try to make it a habit. If I start in January by the time I get to June (bikini season) I will be working out for 60 minutes (2 hours) per day!
5. WASTED TIME – I was so much time on the internet everyday. I will start to enforce limits on myself by going online to do specific things and only giving myself a short amount of time to “surf.” No more than 30 minutes per day.
6. LACK OF SPIRITUALITY – I need to start praying and meditating and reading devotions daily. I have a 365 daily devotional bible. I’m going to add that to my daily fitness routine, which means I need to get up an hour earlier.
7. INACTIVE GOAL PROGRESSION – I have so many goals… I want to start being more “harsh” with myself and do regular check ups.
8. SOCIAL TIME ON “SLEEP.” – If my life were a computer screen, the relationships with some of my friends is often “sleep.” I want to spend more time with my girlfriends in 2011.
9. APATHY. – If I can do something to make someone else’s life better whether it’s donate or spend time, I want to do it in 2011. No more waiting until the next man or woman to come in. I want to start putting my dollars, my vote and my resources where my mouth is.
10. NEGATIVE THOUGHT. In the words of Erykah Badu, in 2011 I want to “slap the sh** out of negativity.” Period. There is no room in my mind, in my heart or in my life for it.