Here is the Reverb 10 Prompt for today:
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?
S U R F I N G
I spend too much time on the internet. Updating my Facebook status several times a day, salivating over the new arrivals section at Modcloth and Shop Ruche and checking my e-mail repeatedly. Don’t even get me started on Twitter.
What can I do to eliminate it?
1. Check e-mail during set time frames within a day – (first thing in the am, during my 2nd break and sometime in the afternoon)
2. Dump all my favorites into my Google Reader which will capture all of my favorite blog posts and articles.
3. Physically close my computer when I am NOT using it to be productive.
4. Set a specific goal for using the internet and when that goal is met close the laptop.
5. Reserve one day – 1 – 2 hours per week (probably Sat. or Sun.) to do random surfing.
6. Commit to writing (and reading, my other personal goal) EVERYDAY!
7. Inform my family & friends of my goal so they can help to hold me accountable.
Join #Reverb10 An online community that allows you to reflect on 2010 and manifest what you want for 2011. http://www.reverb10.com/