These are some of my favorite articles from around the web this week:
1. No Improvements on African-American Financial Experience Survey: http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013/05/no-improvements-on-african-american-financial-experience-survey/. A must read for anyone in marketing or with a general interest in economic development.
2. How to Break the Procrastination Cycle: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/how-break-the-procrastination-cycle.html. Lifehack offers some amazing tips for beating the procrastination predator. If you’re stuck in a rut, this piece will help you!
3. 25 Tricks to Set Your Mindset to Success: From “you are the CEO of your own life, so begin taking charge and making decisions as if you were being paid for those decisions” to “Keep your end goal in mind. Does the choice fit with your goal or take you in a different direction?” This list http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/25-tricks-set-your-mindset-for-success.html will make you rethink your approach to success.
4. 20 Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Energy & Vitality: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/20-juice-and-smoothie-recipes-for-energy-and-vitality.html. All I can say is bottoms up!
5. Top 20 Body Language Indicators: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/top-20-body-language-indicators.html. What does it really mean when someone crosses their arms or clears their throat? Study this list to not only read others body language but to be in better control of your own.
This week I released my 2nd E-book which is for sale, The Analog Girl Cover Letter Guide. Everything I know about writing cover letters has been included and I wanted it to be affordable so it’s only $5.00. I will also be releasing more E-books in the area of careers and scholarships!
Here are some links from around the web that I’ve found that may be useful or interesting to you.
1. 150 + Lunch Ideas – great for yourself or your children. Step outside of the sandwich box! With photos and everything! http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_YSuyb#!i=696914291&k=YxmUd
2. How to Create An Organized Linen Closet – I’m not even going to discuss the shape my linen closet is in right now. So much stuff! http://honeywerehome.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-create-organized-linen-closet.html
3. 4 Essential Tips for Managing the Family Calendar – my current weapon of choice is iCal and color-coding each family member so that we can quickly know who is doing what each day. The calendar syncs to both my husband’s phone and my phone so we’re always on the same page. http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/4-essential-tips-for-managing-the-family-calendar.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LifeHack+%28lifehack.org%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
4. 35 Quick & Simple Tips for Better Productivity – There is definitely a theme this week with the links. Can you tell I’m going back to work soon lol? http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/35-quick-and-simple-tips-for-better-productivity.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feedutm_campaign=Feed%3A+LifeHack+%28lifehack.org%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
5. Free Home Management Printables – Do you have a home or family organization binder? Mine has been a lifesaver. http://home.yourway.net/new-home-management-printables-one-page-calendar-bill-pay-tracking-home-inventory-more/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-home-management-printables-one-page-calendar-bill-pay-tracking-home-inventory-more
If you don’t have a home organization binder you can read more about creating one here: http://donnienicole.com/2010/06/27/project-organization-home-management-binderfamily-binder/
In response to the escalating violence my husband, along with the Black Youth Project created a CD Called “The Pledge” Mixtape. The goal is to highlight artists (mostly youth) who AREN’T glorifying violence, sex and drugs. There are artists that you’d recognize like my husband Rhymefest, Lupe Fiasco and Mikkey Halsted + others. Download the project for free here: http://action.blackyouthproject.com/pledge-mixtape/. My favorite tracks are “Pain” (Track 8), “Letter” (Track 10) and R.O.A.R. (Track 11).
Hope you enjoy the links this week!
Here are some interesting links around the web:
1. DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stopping Hypertension) Diet voted best overall compared to 25 of the most popular diet plans for 2012. http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/01/dash-diet-named-best-overall-could-it-work-for-you/. I have high blood pressure, so I’m going to be working on this for the upcoming year!
2. Breast Feeding & Pumping At Work Now Protected By Federal Law http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/01/breast-feeding-and-pumping-at-work-now-protected-by-federal-law/ – Huge SCORE for moms!
3. Scott Dinsmore’s FREE 2012 Goal Setting & Action Workbook: http://liveyourlegend.net/free-2012-goal-setting-guide/ <—— Scott gives wonderful, practical & inspiring advice. I’ve been using his tools for the last two years!
4. Black Church owns a KKK Store in South Carolina? Would you call that poetic justice? http://www.christianpost.com/news/black-southern-church-claims-kkk-building-as-their-own-66307/ (I wish I was making that up)
5. Gangs & Politicians in Chicago: An Unholy Alliance http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/January-2012/Gangs-and-Politicians-An-Unholy-Alliance/. During our city council campaign, my husband was falsely called a gang member – almost one year later we find out the truth. This is indicative of many of the issues in the African American community! We need to clean up our own houses before we start parting the finger toward others…